Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Hello / Goodbye First Trimester

It's officially out in the open (AKA on Facebook). I am 12 weeks pregnant and couldn't be any happier than to share the news with family, friends, coworkers, and acquaintances.

I can't believe I'm pregnant -- AGAIN. As many of you know, I knew I was pregnant because I sat on our couch and ate a tub of goat cheese, and nothing about it felt normal.

I couldn't be any more excited to be having another baby. It's really a miracle to think about growing a PERSON inside of you. What more -- I've seen it with Braiden and I can't wait to see it with our second, but it is truly an amazing experience to see half of you and half of your significant other in your children. I love that Braiden learns things so quickly and that he does things that make me introspective of my own self, and I see things that he does that remind me of everything that his father is. . . and it is AMAZING.

So, while we aren't married, and we haven't bought our house, and Jeff is in school and I'm embarking on my 'career' it isn't the cleanest path to the future, but it's still a great one.

A lot of things have been different about this pregnancy - I have more morning sickness, and I am tired all the time...and i definitely have more cravings. I know, I know, it's always fun to then assume that I'm having a girl or a boy or this or that, but as long as the baby is healthy, we are A-OK.

I was originally going to UCLA Med, but didn't enjoy my experience there, so I decided to switch to Cedars-Sinai. I go in for my next appointment on 2/12 and am pretty excited to meet my new OB. I know the drill, so it shouldn't be anything unexpected, but am happy I'll get to see another ultrasound of baby #2.

How this pregnancy happened -- well we all know about the birds and the bees, but, was it planned?? Not really. But here is how everything transpired. Jeff and I decided that we want to get married in June 2012. We can celebrate his graduation from $UC, have the wedding, then celebrate the busy birthday month of July (Jeff, Dustin, Braiden, Natalie, Josh, Adam) and then August birthdays (me, baby #2, my dad).

So, Jeff got to thinking -- if we didn't have another child in the next few months, I'd be pregnant or just have given birth right before our wedding, and no offense, but who wants to be big at their wedding? Not me. So, point, Jeff. Then, he also pointed out that if we just decided to wait to have another child after the wedding that Braiden will be 4. The kids would be 4 years apart!!! It was too long in my opinion, as the relationship for the two kids would be quite different than if they were a bit closer in age. So, I (-- ignorantly agreeing to this "great idea") disregarded the real facts (increase in health care premiums to support 2 dependents instead of one, Jeff is in school and an EXPENSIVE school $$ $UC, I've been traveling more for work, daycare costs, getting a car big enough for two kids and all the baby gear that comes with that, diapers, and formula costs again...). We used the "what will be, will be" attitude for two weeks and I spoke to a friend of mine who then pointed out all of the disregarded facts above and additional points of consideration (i.e. where are you going to settle down, will this affect your options in the future for going back to school, etc) and so then I decided -- it's probably not a good time to be "trying" or "testing God's will for us."

But apparently I was too late. On December 14th, I found out we were expecting. I didn't tell anyone because I wanted to be sure. I went to my first Docs appt on Jan 5th and there the baby was, itty and bitty on the ultrasound and as beautiful/handsome as ever.

I can't wait to find out the gender... I think it's a boy, but what mom doesnt' want a lil baby girl to doll up in dresses and sassy swimsuits and fancy shoes! We'll see what the good Lord above has in store for us.

Night night from me and Baby Bartlett #2 !

So excited to have shared this news with you alllllll <3

No comments: