Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, January 26, 2009

4 Months!!!

This is my - what I love most and what I like least about being pregnant post.  

What I like least (I always like the bad first):
  • breaking out (hormones)
  • craving all sorts of sour, fatty, and sweet things
  • lacking energy to work out
  • getting bigger and not having as many choices for things to wear
  • maternity clothes being SO expensive
  • feeling breathless so quickly
  • people I don't really know touching my belly
  • getting my blood drawn a lot
What I <3
  • everything not listed above
  • feeling the baby move
  • seeing the ultrasound 
  • being consistently amazed that I have a BABY in me
  • looking at maternity items
  • looking at nursery/baby items
  • anticipating the next day, week, month, and year - where I will have the chance to experience all sorts of firsts :) (first movement, first kick, first contraction...etc)
  • the love and support from Jeff, family, and friends
  • thinking about my FAMILY - because it's going to be real!
  • people I love rubbing my belly/talking to the baby
  • continually challenging myself to be the best mom (making sure to stay on top of everything - even if it means sleeping on my left side or doing crossword and sudoku to keep my brain sharp)
I have been looking at TONS of maternity things and things for the baby and I am just so excited.  I want some ridiculous things - like a Kate Spade or Burberry Diaper bag...and I've also seen a juicy couture stroller/lacoste stroller... but as cute as those things are, I am being realistic about what I can afford and what we need.  :)

There are all sorts of questions for when the baby comes...at times it is overwhelming but I know that everything will be okay in the end.  I feel the baby move all the time now..little flutters and bubbles in my tummy all day long.  It is so exciting, but I am obviously exhausted.  

Until next time.

<3>

No comments: