Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

From January 12th

Last Thursday before heading to LA for Berlyn’s wedding, I had a pregnancy first. It was the first time I had ever vomited from my pregnancy. It was disgusting. I felt my entire lunch come back up. I started to feel better once I showered and took a nap, but it was definitely a long drive.

My belly now measures 34.5” around the belly button, and I no longer fit into B-sized bras (as evidenced by the bra I attempted to purchase at Victoria’s Secret this weekend). My last weight at our last prenatal appointment was 129, so I’ve only gained two pounds.

I haven’t had any weird cravings, although I was really in the mood for salt & vinegar chips last night. I settled for the thought of a block of cheddar cheese, but to my disappointment, there was a spot of mold on the block, so I threw it all out.

Jeff and I had a fantastic weekend in Southern California. It was a wondrous 85 degrees and it’s January. I want to go back there so badly! Hopefully Jeff will end up at USC or UCSD or SDSU and we’ll be able to move back there.

Berlyn and Sal’s wedding was magnificent. B looked so beautiful and she was all smiles, all night long. I can’t even begin to tell you how crazy it is to think of where they started and where they are today.

I tried to dance at the reception but I was winded pretty easily. It must have been the second or third song in and I was already in need of a break. I definitely felt some impediment on my movement, but overall I still had a really, really good time. I obviously played DD for the night and took everyone back home from the wedding to the hotel. It was only a 3 mile drive so it wasn’t a big deal.

It was a jam-packed weekend, so I’ll likely be resting come Friday…but man it was AMAZING. This week the baby is able to make facial expressions!! I finally made my public announcement on Facebook and I couldn’t be any more glad to get it out in th open <3.

That’s it for now. Until next time…

<3 Val & Baby

No comments: