Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Hairy & Tired

Jeff and I had our second prenatal appointment yesterday. It was quick and easy. The doctor took all my vitals, and then did another ultrasound. The baby looks great, it's got a big ol' head (which is probably mine, since Jeff's head is pretty small). The legs of baby were still really small but we could see the arm full and clear. It's still too early to know what the gender is, but we'll be going in for that ultrasound on February 17th!! I'm so very excited. I also have to get some more bloodwork done during my 16th or 17th week for prescreening for down's syndrome and neural tube defects etc. I hate getting my blood drawn, but obviously anything for the baby. :)

I noticed at the doctor's appointment that I have a LOT of hair on my belly now! How crazy is that. I was talking to Christa when we were home last and she was saying that she got a little bit hairier too, in fact, she had sideburns, but she said it all went away. It is just so weird to see my body changing.

I'm pretty emotional. I feel like crying a lot and I am very, very, very exhausted after work and my commute. I know that in time everything will get better, but I am so excited that everything is going well so far.

I haven't gotten around to finalizing the details for the Babymoon, but I am really looking forward to it. Our next big date night is going to be at the Sharks game on March 28th...Grandpa got us tickets for Christmas. <3 Well.....off to help Jeff with his schoolwork.

Night!!

Kisses & Love,
Valerie & Baby Bartlett

No comments: